If you're allergic to mold, your immune system overreacts when you inhale mold spores. Mold allergy can cause coughing, itchy eyes, and other symptoms that make you feel miserable. In some people, mold allergy is related to asthma, and exposure causes respiratory restrictions and other airway symptoms. Mold remediation, biological hazard and trauma cleaning %26 Restoration Determining if exposure to mold is making you sick can be difficult.
In some cases, mold can definitely make you sick, especially if you have allergies or asthma. Some people have symptoms such as constant migraines, headaches, or shortness of breath, while others also experience mental confusion; some may also develop fatigue and depression. They can cause allergic reactions, asthma attacks, and even lung infections, especially if the immune system is already suppressed for some reason. Because the symptoms of mold exposure vary from person to person, it's easy to mistake these signs for other signs, such as seasonal allergies.
It's best not to make assumptions in any way and consult with your doctor. As unlikely as it is that you're actually at risk of getting mold, it's best to stay safe and see a doctor. Below is a list of frequently asked questions that often arise in relation to the effects of exposure to mold, or more specifically to black mold (which is not what you think). Mold spores are everywhere and can be found in food, water, air, soil, and plants.
The best way to avoid getting sick from mold is to wash your hands often and keep your house clean. If you have any questions, wait until the day and see if any symptoms appear. If not, you're probably fine. If you end up getting sick from eating bad bread, it will happen within a few hours.
Moldy bread can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and other symptoms. If you find mold growing in your home, you should immediately contact a professional who can remove it. While symptoms of mold exposure are not uncommon (some studies suggest that mold allergies may affect up to 24% of the population), many health professionals struggle to determine the cause of these symptoms. If you suspect that you have mold in your home, contact a professional who can inspect your home for signs of mold growth.
Once the moisture sources that lead to mold growth have been identified, the mold must be repaired and eliminated. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), any visible mold that grows inside the home is a potential health hazard and should be eliminated as soon as possible. However, black mold can cause unwanted side effects, especially in people who are sensitive to mold.